Sunday, March 4, 2012


March 4, 2012

Hypocrisy The Great Escape !

Often when I invite someone to church or ask them about the church they attend, they proceed to tell me they don’t care to go to church anywhere because they feel like every one that attends are hypocrites .

They usually say something like, “ man those people that go there are all a bunch of hypocrites  or I know a guy that goes their and he is a big hypocrites. I don’t want anything to do with a bunch of hypocrites. “

I have come to realize that this is just an escape mechanism they use to keep the focus off themselves and to keep them from going to a church.

When I think about it out of all the years I have attended church I have never run into anyone that was a true hypocrite . I have run into many Christians that had struggles with their walk but I can’t say I classify them as a hypocrite.

I had to look the definition of a hypocrite up just to make sure I was thinking clearly and this is what I found.

Urban Dictionary : A person who engages in the same behaviors he condemns others for.

I haven’t met anyone yet that I can say would condemn and judge people for certain things and then actually do the very same thing they were condemning them for.

If I did meet someone that was like that, I would have to look at them closely to see if they were even aware that they were doing this. Did they intentionally judge someone and then being fully aware do the very same thing?

Isn’t that more of what a hypocrite is?  Someone that Condemns others for their faults and mistakes but yet does the very same thing themselves.

I look around at the Body of Christ and I’m sure there may be some people that do attend  church’s  somewhere that may posses these very qualities, but I can say I have never met them. The people that I know and have had fellowship with are all striving for the same goal and that goal is to just live a better life and to live a life at peace.

The very reason we attend a church is to fellowship with other believers to strengthen our faith and belief in Jesus Christ and to worship him and to learn to give and to serve one another.


Any other motive would be self centered and self indulging . And that is not at all what a Christian life is about.

It’s not all about you, it’s about what you can do for others.

When we serve others it actually build us up and strengthens our own faith and walk with Jesus.

What does serving others mean?

 There’s many way’s to serve others. Just giving them a smile, shaking their hands and telling them they count. Listening to them , hugging them, building them up, standing with them. Just letting them know that they aren’t the only people left on this earth and that they are needed.

Every one I have ever met at church desires a connection with God and to live a Godly life. Now that doesn’t mean they don’t make mistakes, we all make mistake. If we were so perfect we would have been exalted to the throne room of God to serve right?

Just because someone goes to church and Praises God and maybe even serves in the local body and then goes to his job and or in the community and messes up it doesn’t make him a hypocrite it means he messed up. He goes to church to try and be a better person. That’s why we have the ALTER . “ Another word given to me for a future blog. ” Never the less, don’t let his mistakes be used as a reason not to attend church, his faith and walk has nothing to do with your own.

We are to all walk out our own salvation. If we become focused on another’s walk it distracts us from our own never allowing us to come into that deep place of rest with the Lord.

I hope I never here someone use the  term Hypocrite again, I would have to wonder if they are using it as their own personnel  Great Escape .

I think those that use the hypocrisy escape mechanism to keep them from going to church really needs to have a heart check. To search themselves to see why they really don’t want to go to church.

No comments:

Post a Comment