Wednesday, February 22, 2012
A Call For Restoration
I had a dream one night and God had showed me that the times were crazy. Christians were in fear for their lives. They were fleeing to a place of safety but some of them were overweight and unhealthy. They had let their bodies go and fleeing had become a struggle for them. Other Christians felt such compassion for them that the held back to help those that were unfit and unhealthy to safety. Unfortunately not only did the unhealthy and overweight Christians perish but those that lingered back to help them did too.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
God showed me according to his word our body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in us, whom we have received from God? We are not our own, we was bought at a price. Therefore we are to honor God with our bodies.
Around 587 B.C. Jerusalem fell to the Babylonian Empire. The city was ruined and the temple then laid in ruins for several years . The very temple that God dwelt in no longer existed. In 540 B.C. Nehemiah and Ezra led the Israelites back to Jerusalem to rebuild the Holy Temple.
This was not easy what with the Temple laying in ruins during the years the Israelites were under Bondage would become a hard Task. There were several opposing forces that the Israelites had to face to accomplish such a mission. Never the less they did accomplish their mission after a period of years and once again God had his dwelling place restored.
As the Israelites suffered bondage we too have experienced a form of bondage in our lives, such as a failing marriage, a bad job, a death in the family. I figure just life in general.
Because of the bondage we suffer, we too have let the temple fall to ruins. But the word of God says that our bodies are the Temple. A holy place for Gods spirit to dwell.
God is calling us to come back to him and to restore his temple giving him a place to dwell. Now to do this we must do a few things. Not only must we renew our hearts and minds but we must restore our physical bodies. For if our physical bodies are destroyed how then can we share Gods love with anyone? Kind of hard to do that when we’re bed ridden or on our death bed.
I have shared how to restore the Spiritual relationship with God in previous blogs so I will address the physical body in this one. I will address what God has shown me in order to gain back your health.
I got myself to a point of death. I can even remember how I asked God to take me freeing me from this world. Killing myself and the Temple God gave my Spirit and his to dwell in. and he gave me insight into fixing myself and restoring his temple. I feel as though I am on the way to a fully restored temple giving him all the Glory and praise. I have lost 88 lbs to date and continue to lose. I have dropped Seven YES Seven pants sizes from a 52 inch waist to a 38. I so want to put on a size 34 once again.
So here are the things that God showed me to accomplish my Goal.
FORGIVENESS
It all starts with FORGIVENESS !!! We have to search ourselves and see if there is any unforgiveness in us for anyone that has hurt us and done us wrong. We have to ask god to show us any hidden unforgiveness and then we have to release it to him.
Father God I forgive __________ for the wrong they have done me. I give it to you God and ask that you do your work in them that God they would never hurt someone in that manor again as they did me. And that God all the Glory be yours in Jesus Name.
Now that we searched our Hearts and God has revealed any hidden unforgiveness we have to forgive ourselves and ask God to forgive us. God gave us these physical bodies for our Spirits to have a dwelling place and a means to move around in on this earth. We all have a mission to accomplish and our bodies are our means of transportation. When we neglect our physical bodies we are destroying what God has given us and are unable to accomplish his mission.
So we have to now ask God to forgive us for what we have done to our bodies.
Father God, forgive me for abusing the gift you have given me. God I know that your intentions are for me to be healthy, vibrant and strong. God I know that it is my responsibility to maintain this body and I have failed you. I pray your forgiveness in Jesus name.
Now that we have asked God to forgive others and ourselves, Now we have to ask him to change our thought process. Let’s face it the way we have been doing it is all wrong. Something is amiss or we wouldn’t be so unhealthy right? So we have to ask God to teach us and to reveal to us the proper way to maintain our bodies. All he really wants is for us to admit we can’t do it and we need him!
Father God change my Heart, change the way that I feel about food God, Change how I think about it, How I desire it and How I love it. Replace the love for food for a deeper love for you God. Restore me God to the Image that you created and designed.
God spoke to me and told me to close my eyes and to picture him on his throne. He then told me that I was created in his image and that was what I should look like.
Genesis 1:27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
So when you close your eyes how do you perceive the Father? Is he thin, is he full of mussel ? Is he Fat and overweight ? This is so very important because how you perceive him is the way you strive to be. We are to strive to be like God in all areas of our life.
Ok, now that we have forgiven those that have hurt us and we have forgiven ourselves and asked God to forgive us and change how we feel about food now we have to get the desire to exercise and stay faithful.
Every time that I say I am going to do something I fall short I have come to realize I can do nothing in my own strength. But in his strength I can do all things.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10
My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.'
Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
Philippians 4:13 (New International Version)
13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
Father God I pray you will give me the desire to exercise and get fit. I pray you will give me the strength and the determination. I pray you will give me the ability God to complete this workout and the desire to remain faithful giving you all Glory and praise in Jesus name.
So lets review We have acknowledged we have sinned against God and ourselves, We have forgiven those that have hurt us and we have forgiven ourselves and asked God to forgive us. We have asked God to change the way we feel about food and we have asked him for his strength to exercise and work out. What Next?
Worship:
God loves to be worshiped that’s why we were created right? So now we need to pick some music and worship him. Doesn’t it seem easier to clean the house while you are listening to music? Or working and doing anything? Get your hands on some good worship music and be joyful and sing while you are working out not only will it make your workout go by quicker but God loves to here you sing to him.
Seek:
Matthew 7:7
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Learn all you can about nutrition. The foods you have been eating are killing you so you know not to eat that right? I have discovered a love for Chicken and Broccoli and lots of fish.
Get rid of the breads, They'er no good for you. Anything white. Like white flower and white rice. If they have to change the natural form of it, it’s no good. Kill out the sugar as much as possible in your diet.
Pray and ask God to give you the proper tool to restore His Temple.
And Water, Water, Water, Water, Water, Water, Water, Water, Water, Water, Water, Water, Water, Water, Water, Water, Water, Water, Water, Water, Water, Water, Water, Water, Water, Water, Water, Water, Water, Water.
Father God I pray that you will bless anyone that reads this God and that you will give them the desire to Rebuild your Temple. I pray your special anointing upon them that they will have a deep desire God to get healthy and fit. In Jesus Name Amen.
It is so important to walk I started out at 15 min I now do an hour and a half work out because I love it I usually do 2 miles on the elliptical trainer and then I walk for a mile afterwards to cool down. I will start my weight lifting soon. I praise God for the progress he has helped me to achieve and thank him for restoration every day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love this Dad, Very Good Devotional! Keep it up. you will Bless many with this Blog! :) you are now officially a BLOGGER! haha. Love you,
ReplyDelete